Saturday, August 4, 2012

The couple that games together, stays together.

Alright. I've lasted long enough into a second post. That's gotta say this one's a keeper right?

Last night as per the norm, the Mister and I did something I never expected we'd do. Hmm.... let me preface this with a little backstory. One day with enough interest from readers I'll be sure to give the full story in detail:

For those who don't know about me and the Mister, we met in World of Warcraft (really, that's not the surprising part.) The catch to this relationship? Well we live 2,500 miles away from each other; he's in Arizona and I am in New York. It's been that way for the last seven months, but we're confident that it won't be that way forever as the plan is for me to move to Arizona in 2013 (I'm doing it for the In N' Out.... OH AND FOR HIM TOO!) The distance can be rough at points for both of us since behind closed doors we are that EXTREMELY MUSHY couple, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. That man has my heart and he treats me like a Moon Princess. No one in this world could hold a candle to him when it comes to my love. :)

So back on to the story shall we? So last night as per the norm me and him were chatting on FaceTime following podcast recording when he asks, "Hey Ali---- have you ever seen your toon as a Figureprint?" Honestly I think I've peeped it out once or twice, but nothing seriously. Making up my toon as a FP bust online we looked through some sets for me, and some for him when we finally settle on what we'd want our figures to look like. Then he throws the curveball.

Him: Baby, I found my Figureprints gift card.
Me: Aww yay! Did you finally figure out what you were going to do?
Him: Yeah. I want to make a bust of each of us so we can put them together once we move in.
Me: What? Like a couple's present or something?
Him: Exactly. I've been thinking about this for a few days and I'm jazzed to do this! Let's order them!

And we did. We decided that once we settled on a place we'd call our home, we'd mount these bad boys in either a glass case display or make a section in a bookshelf that resembles our secret spot in Wintergrasp (see below)




So yeah! Our first couples present. I'm excited and find it to be the sweetest gesture. In just a few weeks (or maybe months) we'll have these fun little figures ready for a house we'll call our home. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment